Monday, June 30, 2008

Tristan + Isolde

Tristan + Isolde, James Franco, Sophia Myles.
This was a film Kourtney rented, and didn't like, she asked me to watch it, because she thought I would like it. I will admit, it really wasn't that bad. Most of it was pretty good. I also was not familiar with the story, as it is a well known legend amongst the Irish and the Britain's. The movie had aspects of A Knights Tale, Braveheart, and Robin Hood. The setting amongst the British Isles, and of Ireland are amazing. The love story was a romantic tragedy similar to Romeo and Juliet. The ending was a bit disappointing, but I guess you can't change history. A little bit long in places, some great war scenes, pretty bloody in some of the battle scenes, but the overall feeling of the movie keeps you involved, and wondering what is going to happen next. I enjoyed this movie much more than I anticipated, especially for one that Kourtney rented, as we do not have similar tastes in movies. Good Renter!

No comments: