Monday, June 30, 2008

JUNO

JUNO, Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman.
This Movie breaks the Academy Awards Rule for 1 reason only. It was basically an Independent Film, as this is the first movie that Diablo Cody had written that really got any attention. I have one word that describes this movie, "Relatable". I am not sure if that is a real word or not, but it is the best word to describe what this film offers. You can totally relate to at least 1 character in this movie. You may not have been knocked up at age 16, or done the knocking up, but Diablo wins the best screenplay because she wrote this film, so that we could all identify with someone in the movie. I don't want to get all deep about this movie, because it was a comedy after all, but as far as stories go, this one followed the plot while adding real life scenarios. I laughed out load more than once, and that is a good indicator for me. Awesome movie, Paulie Bleeker is the biggest stud, in a Napoleon Dynamite way. I don't have anything bad to say about the movie either, and that is rare for me, as I can find fault in just about anything. I still think Diablo Cody is a freak, but she did a good job with JUNO.

2 comments:

The Chandler Family said...

Great Movie! Lots of funny lines!

The Tanuvasa Family said...

Oh, hello, I saw this twice, IN THE THEATER!! I never do that!
It would be friggin sweet if you didn't hit me right now!!