Monday, June 30, 2008

Before the Devil Knows your Dead

Before the Devil Knows Your Dead, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Marisa Tomei.
So, My Brother Dane told me to rent this movie, I am not sure if he said it was good, or weird, so I won't hold him accountable, but this is one of the most F@#*ED up movies I have seen in awhile. This is a dark tale of a robbery that goes bad, and when I say bad, not just going to get caught bad, but the wrong people die -bad, the burglary doesn't net them any profit, and sends tow brothers into a tailspin of crazy decisions that ultimately bring you to the end of the movie. The performances by Hoffman and Hawke, are both amazing. Marisa is naked in almost every scene of the movie, almost at an uncomfortable level. Then Albert Finney makes an appearance as the dad to these two idiot brothers, that are both in financial despair, thus pushing them to the heist. Twisted Movie, lots of swearing, plenty of nudity, and a really messed up plot. To top it off the movie is showed in a back track mode, so you see the burglary, then it works backwards to develop character history, then circles back to show you how it plays out afterwards. Crazy Movie, not a huge fan of the story, but if you love PSH and Ethan Hawke, it is worth the rent.

1 comment:

young said...

I told Dane about this and then he told you. SInce I'm a Huge PSH fan, I had to see this. Ethan Hawke is so weird looking at times and Marisa Tomei looks good at 41.