Saturday, June 28, 2008

NUMB

NUMB, Mathew Perry, Kevin Pollack.
I rented this movie, mainly because I like Mathew Perry, if he had not been in this, I don't think I would have liked it as much as I did. This was another Independent film, probably straight to DVD release. The story of a screenwriter that all of a sudden finds himself suffering from acute depersonalization disorder. Everything feels unreal to him, as if he is just going through the motions he has no emotional attachment to anything, and then along come a girl, and she accepts him, mainly on the assumption that he will get better. The film takes you though a journey of how he tries to cope with his disorder, at times it is frustrating to watch, but you feel for him, and when he learns the lessons of life, mainly caring for others and not just yourself, he finds new meaning to his life. It could almost be categorized as a chick flick, but it is funny enough, to work itself out of that category into a dark comedy. I thought is was pretty good, but definitely a good choice to bypass the big screen and straight to DVD. I would recommend it to anyone that likes Mathew Perry, also the Girl(Lynn Collins) she is pretty hot, so that makes it better.

No comments: