Sunday, June 29, 2008

No Country For Old Men

No Country For Old Men, Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin
Heads This movie was Awesome, Tales this Movie Sucked. I think I will take Tales. Unless I just missed the overall message that this movie was suppose to deliver, all I got was disappointment. If there is one thing that I hate about a Movie, it is when there is no resolution. Okay I get the whole Tommy Lee is an old Sheriff, and the world has changed, and his law isn't the same as what the world expects of the law, but I mean he did nothing and all we did is watch a psycho go on a killing spree. This movie reminded me of finding a journal of a murderer, only to find that the last 20 pages are missing. I was so upset that this movie was so bad, because I usually like chase movies, but this one left you wanting there to be some distinction between characters other than there being a bunch of bad guys all scrambling for a bag of money. This movie lacked a lot of elements to be great, and once again, an award winner ends up being a dud in my book.

2 comments:

The Chandler Family said...

This was a dark and disturbing movie! I had a hard time watching it.

young said...

I happened to like this movie because the guy was such a freak. I thought the cinematography was great. That scene in the desert when Josh Brolin found those trucks and dead drug runners. Anyhow, I'm proably the only one that like this in ORegon. Oh well.