Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale
Okay, so we all know the story of Batman, and since the new Christian Bale saga started, Neither of the two movies have been called Batman. Why? Well, watch this movie and that question will be answered. It lives up to its title, and is borderline disturbing, It really is DARK.
I don't want to give anything away in this film, so I will try to review it without ruining it. I will say this, I haven't spent much time thinking about the early ending to Heath Ledger's life until now, because after the performance he gave in The Dark Knight, I truly see it as a tragedy. He was so good in this role, it was spooky. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when going to see this, as I had mixed opinions on the first one. I liked it, and I really like Christian Bale as Batman, he plays it very well. I feel my thoughts on this film are a bit scattered, so let me tell you what I liked and what I didn't.

First, the movie was a little long, longer than I was anticipating, I think it was 2 1/2 hours long. My ideal movie is 1 hour 45 minutes, just so everyone knows. Second, Katie Holmes played Rachel in the first movie, and Maggie Gyllenhaal played her in this one, and I will have to say that this was a major downgrade, because there wasn't a scene in the movie where she looked at all desirable, and with all the fantasy in this film, the most far fetched aspect, was that Batman, and Harvey Dent were both fighting for her love, cause she was no prize. There wasn't much else not to like.

As far as what I did like, Batman gets a new suit, pretty awesome. He spends a lot more time on a two wheeler vs. the Bat mobile. He also comes up with a new device using "Sonar" that is pretty amazing. The stunts are anything but disappointing. The acting, especially by Heath, is award winning, and the story line kept me on the edge of my seat for almost the entire 2 1/2 hours. If you liked the first one, this one will Rock your World. Excellent Movie!!

2 comments:

Brandelena said...

I have to see that now;)

Chiara said...

What in the world? You watch way too many movies and have way too many opinions!! What a looooser!!! ;)- I need a Kris hug....give me one already!!